Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

I have memory issues, my feeling is that it is from my Narcolepsy...But hard to find an answer to this. Doc says yeah possibly but doesnt understand. Lack of memory harms my life nearly as much at the narcolepsy itself. Need help, advise, anything!

It is not only possible that Narcolepsy is causing problems with your memory, it is highly likely.

Memory loss and problems with cognitive function are two of the most common symptoms of sleep deprivation, which is essentially the core of our condition.

We don't have a fancy name for it, but patients with Fibromyalgia often refer to the "Fibro Fog," which seems to be very similar to what we experience: a general confusion, foggy feeling, like your whole brain never quite wakes up.

I think your question is really what can you do about it? Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to that. Some people find it helps to write things down. I personally advocate having the best sleep hygiene possible and sticking to a routine.

No matter what you do, try to talk to people who DO understand. You can join Planet Narcolepsy on Facebook (facebook.com/planetnarcolepsy), or I also recommend DailyStrength.org

Good luck, and please contact me anytime!

Ask me anything

1 comment:

  1. In spite of the fact that numerous new medications are presently accessible to treat narcolepsy, normal cures are frequently best at regarding this condition as they have negligible symptoms. Listed below some Narcolepsy Herbal Treatment.

    ReplyDelete